For the 208th episode of the Kaspersky Transatlantic Cable podcast, Dave’s gone missing, and Ahmed and I debate whether it is leisure or if something more nefarious is going on. We don’t quite get to the bottom of it, but we do cover a wide array of topics, from a political sex tape leaked on OnlyFans to PS3 leaks and ransomware in US schools.
We start with the electoral scene in New York state, where a user on Onlyfans and Twitter leaked a BDSM video of politician Zack Weiner and a partner. Both platforms took down the video and banned the user, but the reply from Weiner is what caught our attention as a standup response to a truly personal doxing.
From there, we have to mention Ahmed’s complete quiz game dominance. Sadly, I am not able to overtake David’s massive lead, and we move on to a story of PS3 hacking for online gaming.
In the next segment, I sit down with Kurt Baumgartner to discuss the latest on school ransomware in the United States, the government reclaiming funds from ransomware crooks, and more. We continue with news of a potentially new scraping of data from 700 million LinkedIn users before closing out with a new government joining Have I Been Pwned.
If you liked what you heard, please consider subscribing and sharing with your friends. For more information on the stories we covered, see the links below:
- OnlyFans, Twitter ban users for leaking politician’s BDSM video
- PS3 players ban: Latest victims of surging attacks on gaming industry
- Schools are a popular target for ransomware. With more remote options, how can they stay protected?
- Data for 700M LinkedIn users posted for sale in cyber-underground
- Welcoming the Slovak Republic Government to Have I Been Pwned